Friday, July 9, 2021

A different way to use B/X


I have a smooth brain and don't like difficulty checks. Instead I ask players to roll under their stat with a D20.
Add on advantage/disatvantage and occasional +1 -1 and it works pretty well. Armor level reduces damage by that amount (leather -1,plate -3 etc.) 

Also for most basic tasks I just ask players to roll 1d6 and only fail on a 1. Stuff like picking locks as a thief or climbing up a steep surface. Basic tasks with consequence for failure beyond nothing happening.

I don't think you  need to weigh the dice system much. Catastrophe is more fun when its spontaneous, and not actually basically decided by the GM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Stations And Whatnot

Some space stations I made for Mothership, using the pound of flesh generator. Honestly a really good system for building a skeleton and fil...